Monday 17 January 2011

their time is running out

my photography brief this year was 'time'. i toyed with a few ideas initially and i had this 'endangered species' idea in the back of my mind. after relaying it to my photography teacher, he put me off the idea saying it was to vague and blah blah blah.

but after thinking it over and researching it more.. i decided to defy him! i've chosen it as my theme/project and i'm giving it a fashion related twist.

so here's my initial "furs and leather" fashion shoot that i'm going to give a morbid twist later on this week.. for more go to my flickr

european mink - http://www.flickr.com/photos/slp_/5364419391/

amur leopard - http://www.flickr.com/photos/slp_/5364390775/


polar bear - http://www.flickr.com/photos/slp_/5365011774/

here's a few.. i'm photographing the accessories section on friday. hope you like em!

7 comments:

  1. I love these! such a good idea, you go and do what YOU think is a good idea, they are there to guide you not control you. I have the same problem in textiles. If you can back up your ideas, why the hell not.

    brilliant! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it;s a really good idea! The only thing i'd change (sorry) is that it looks more like it's going on lookbook based (like, good amazing quality lookbook which counts as photography but it's still lookbook) than photography based. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so pretty, I really like your theme. It's such a different take on the idea of time, good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys! glaou like then

    in reply to Jazzy E (hivennn)'s comment. yeah i agree with the lookbook style these have. however, they are going to turn into a big political/fashion based collage soon after more photographs are taken in a studio! :) so hopefully that will take it away from the lookbook style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ya very cute goth girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. is she you? sooo lovely! you could be a very interesting model. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw i wish she was me, no it's my beautiful best friend gabrielle. she's stunning.

    ReplyDelete