Sunday 13 March 2011

coursework days.

still not really that much to update with besides these rings i've made!

i'm completely skint and payday was only last week. i've bought three pairs of shoes, a jumpsuit, a dress and some dungarees. the rest went on my holiday deposit.

i'll post with my purchases once i have time but here's the rings i made! i bought some really cheap ring bases from ebay and used liquid metal to glue and weld my little trinkets into rings.

1. the first is a penny from disneyland paris of november 2010. you know those machines that stretch and stamp the penny then give you it back?

2. the second is a vintage brooch which i remastered. it was given to my nana by her late husband, and the figure i called my 'grandad' even though he wasn't. he was given it by his relative called maggy who i only ever met once. the brooch was beautiful but i will get more use from it now it's a ring.

3. the last is my lucky stone, it's goldstone.
goldstone is a man made rock with flecks of copper within it, to give it the glittery shine. it's the stone of my zodiac sign 'leo' and it also brings luck apparently. which is exactly why my mother bought me it about an hour before my most important university interview last month.

i kept it in my pocket the whole time but once i'd finished the interview and was travelling home i was ready to throw the rock out of the window! i thought i'd failed and i was pretty distraught at my performance. however, a few days later i got an email and verification on ucas track saying i'd recieved a conditional offer! the rock is now my new best friend.

since then three of my friends from work have rubbed it after i told them the story. lauren touched it then got two new look account openings in ten minutes! louise rubbed it for some luck with her exam results, she passed half of them when she thought she'd failed the lot!

i know it probably isn't lucky nor does it have any power over my fortune. but i like to think that okay?

so i also used up the last fiver of my pay on false eyelashes, i usually always stick by mac 7's and girls aloud nadene's but the new design of the cheryl's caught my eye!

i haven't tried them yet but i think the lightness of them will make them perfect everyday lashes! can't wait to try them out.

all i've done today is college work.. as you can see.



how has your sunday been?

2 comments:

  1. Those rings are absolutely gorgeous!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, congrats! Love the rings, especially the lucky one.

    ReplyDelete