Saturday 7 April 2012

prima donna manicure

my latest manicure, inspired by the monochrome bordered nails of the beautiful marina diamandis.

i absolutely love marina in her latest video for 'prima donna'. it's not usually the kind of styling i like, but he really pulls off the hair rollers, pastel colours, heart shaped beauty spot, 60's eye make up and full circle skirts and with hairbands. i also love the art direction and set design. pixelated resolutions, spotlights and fast cutting all make an amazing video.

finally, i'm always fond of a video which you can grab beautiful stills from, like these!


i altered them slightly though, as i still haven't found a white nail polish that is fully opaque, yet shiny and thick. to me, they all seem to look a bit like tip-ex. so i substituted the white for my favourite metallic shade 'eyes of steel' from topshop. it's an extremely light and shimmering lavender that only needs one coat, even straight over black polish.


have a try! i think it's pretty good!
soph x

3 comments:

  1. I will be trying this one out, I agree, when I saw her nails in the video it rememinded me of tip ex. I think the silver looks greath though :) nice post!
    Linzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg your nails rock!
    will definitely be trying this out!
    mantenso xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete