Thursday 27 October 2011

make up saviours

i wouldn't really class myself as a make up snob, which i think some bloggers seem to give off. i'm not really loyal to one brand, i have favourites.. mac, clinique, benefit etc. however, if something really cheap does the job better i definitely don't complain.

01. erase paste in 'fair 01' - concealer by benefit.



a miracle in a pot, i love how creamy and thick this is, full concealer coverage and it feels so light on your face! i'm the lightest shade and it has lovely warm tones to it. i love the little lesson leaflet they give you, pictured below, which shows the best ways to use the product. so, retailing at about twenty quid per little pot, it's pretty pricey, but well worth the money.

02. play sticks in 'spin the bottle' - foundation by benefit


i recently ran out of my usual MAC studio fix fluid in 'NC15' and decided to have a change because i simply couldn't find a mac store near epsom! i went to the benefit counter with my mam and asked the for full coverage, matte foundation. the lovely girl on benefit told me the brand rarely does a full matte coverage, but their 'play sticks' is the closest to that and the most natural. i must admit, the cream-to-powder texture is perfect. however, i'm not so sure how long the product will actually last me, the stick of foundation is too easy to apply generously, so i hope it lasts!

03. volume million lashes in 'black' - mascara by l'oreal
04. exceptionnel de chanel in 'noir obscur' - mascara by chanel

03. this is a recent purchase because i didn't want my chanel one to run out quickly, so i'm currently alternating between these two. the volume million lashes is AMAZING. it's a medium thickness, so it's easy to build up to a thicker coverage over your lashes, which is usually my method. the brush is excellent, it separates lashes fully but doesn't take away the mascara too, you have full control - which i love. i can't recommend it enough!

04. i got this mascara as a gift from my best friend and i have to say, it's so good. the product itself is quite thin in density i would say, but i prefer it for days when i want my make up a little more natural. it can be layered and built up, but it's better just to use one coat in my opinion. it is best for lengthening and giving that nice dark texture, like you've just had your lashes tinted!

05. triple performing face emulsion - moisturiser by benefit

when i bought my foundation from benefit, i received this cute little sample of moisturiser. not being one to look after my face, i rarely use products apart from shovels of make up - so my face gave a sigh when i rubbed this into my skin. it's very light.. which is good for me, cause i feel like my skin is prone to breakouts easily lately. however, i think it kind of nourishes and targets the dry areas of my face too, which is a bonus. i may have been persuaded to buy the full sized bottle now!

06. blusher in 'pink orchid' - by barry m
07. stay matte pressed powder in 'peach glow' - powder by rimmel
08. liquid eyeliner 'black' - by w7

right, now back to the three old basic favourites, all of which as so cheap!

firstly, my blusher. i always return to this barry m favourite after trying out mac blushers or benefit blush pots for a while. the vibrant colour and length it lasts on my face simply can't be beaten!

secondly my absolute make up must have. my rimmel stay matte pressed powder. i hate my face bing shiny. so this is perfect for touch ups and reviving my face if the majority of my make up has come off after a long day! my powder is my life, i am totally loyal to this product. at just under £4, i can't complain.

finally.. this is the liquid eyeliner i use. yes it can be bought from poundland, tj hughes and peacocks - and yes, it costs about £1. everytime i notice it in a cheapy shop i buy it in bulk, because i never know when i'll find it again. actually, i just thought.. maybe it's online! and i've FOUND IT HERE! be right back... just buying 20million of them. honestly, the liquid stays on all day, is totally jet black and the felt brush tip makes it so easy to apply.

so yeah, theres some main aspects of my make up kit. sorry for the hefty post. hope this helped if any of you were looking for a specific make up must have. love soph

1 comment:

  1. I don't even wear foundation, but am so tempted by that Benefit one, it looks so cute! Really fancy trying a Chanel mascara soon too, I've never used one but adore Lancome's (:

    ReplyDelete