Friday 9 September 2011

frantic packing


today's post is a little manic! due to the fact i've moving out of my house tomorrow and embarking on a five hour drive to epsom to move into my university room and start student life! so, i'm frantically packing shoes, bags, crockery, clothes, toiletries, jewellery, towels, pots, pans, sketchbooks, art supplies and everything else but the kitchen sink - into one car! this is never gonna work.

the landing is covered in boxes and bedding, as you can see! i've gone for a cream/white vintage kinda feel for my room, hoepfully the layout will accomodate my things. i havent even seen what my room will look like! it's all very crazy.

only thing is, i have no idea how i can transfer my hugeeeee magazine collection/archive of vogues, elles, harpers etc. i really want them but there so bulky and heavy!

so.. i may not post over the weekend, i'm sure it'll be a busy and very nerve-wracking one. wish me luck, never been more scared! totally diving into the unknown....

9 comments:

  1. my best friend moved to epsom on wednesday, he's studying fashion marketing and management and living right on the campus! you have literally read my mind though, i have no idea how i'm going to take all of my magazines when moving.. i mean they're all a neccessity.. i've actually contemplated taking some massive boxes from work to help me out... GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your move and hope you settle in soon, very exciting times for you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I remember moving in to uni last year and I was in the exact same predicament (: I had so much stuff it was unreal but luckily when I arrived my room was pretty big. Good luck with it all x

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I thought I had a lot of magazines! Haha :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not taking my massive magazine collection with me - I wish I could though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck! it is rather terrifying moving to uni but such a exciting unique experience! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. moving is such a pain - i've had to help a friend out with it recently, but it feels great to finally see it all set up once you're done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. your collection of Vogues is amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. First year in the university? Or not? Anyway, goodluck with the new beginning! :D

    And the worst thing about moving is the packing and the unpacking! :(

    ReplyDelete