Tuesday 15 May 2012

film 04

dark shadows (2012)

taken from my previos post: it's a funny film, as in strange. i can't quite decide whether it was absolutely amazing or not. it has a huge comedic factor but also some melodrama elements too then it has a little bit of fantasy and magic thrown in aswell. oh and as per usual johnny depp is amazing in it. the only thing for me was the fact that they could have done sooo much more with the original 'dark shadows' storyline. to me it felt totally left open for a sequel, so here's hoping for a dark shadows 2.


trainspotting (1996)

i loved this. it's a very different type of film to what i'd usually think about watching, but i've heard lots of talk about it over the years, then it cropped up on a reading list for my university essay - so i rented it from the library. it's very raw, rough and harrowly realistic. obviously i don't know much about heroin abuse and i don't condone it, but this film opened my mind and educated me in regards to the mindset of the addicted. i found myself willing renton thorughout the film too keep clean, not to have his 'one last hit' and to get his life on track. this film grips you.


science of sleep (2006)

another michel gondry film i've watched lately. it's bursting with creativity, art and illusion - contrasting stephane's dreams and imagination with his reality and life. i loved the set design, bilingual dialogue and humour.

teeth (2007)

what a ridiculous film, i'm not even sure why me, kirsty and charlie began watching it - but it's an hour of my life i will not get back. it's a daft disturbing storyline, with pretty rubbish acting. however, it was funny, we were laughing at the sheer stupidity of every male character in the entire film. hilarious.

fight club (1999)

the first rule of fight club.. you do not talk about fight club. the second rule of fight club is.. you do not talk about fight club. just watch it. blows your mind a bit.

these posts contain a list and short bio of 5 films that i've most recently viewed. they include films that have been on my 'to watch' list for years, have been recommended to me, have been recently released or are on the list of films for my university project! i try not to include spoilers in my descriptions - just a brief synopsis, the genre and my general opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Fight club is SO good. so is science of sleep but I didn't really understand it.

    I need to watch trainspotting.

    Good selction of films though!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, i had to rewatch the beginning of fight club to figure it out. love it though.
      if you love fight club you'll love trainspotting too! thanksss xxx

      Delete