Tuesday 29 November 2011

charlottes world-wind trip to london

here's another more personal post, about things i've recently gotten up too! so it's gonna be a bit of a mixed bag. charlotte, one of my closest friends, caught the train down to see me on thursday/friday. i took her to as many places we could while she staying with me. first off, we caught the tube to leister square and bought some tickets for wicked!


then we went to the natural history museum! (she really wanted to go) so we had an educational wonder around, like little kids really. then we hunted out a really nice chinese food place and stuffed our faces.

next stop was oxford street to show her the selfridge's windows, christmas lights and general london hustle and bustle. we tried to star spot and charlotte was sure she saw ollie from made in chelsea hahah!


we then caught the tube back to victoria to go and see wicked!

me, charlotte and wicked go way back, i remember countless times we sat in her bedroom aged thirteen or fourteen(?) singing 'defying gravity' at the top of our lungs until her mam would shout at us both to shut up. i'd learnt the dances at my dance academy and charlotte had read the book - so we were both totally obsessed with it. i'm so glad she finally got the chance to see it, and i was the one to take her.


and then friday consisted of a grand tour of my uni hometown, a quick tutorial in university and then we were supposed to go to alexandra palace to attend UKF bass culture. however, being lazy buggers we couldn't be bothered - we sold our tickets via facebook to a girl and met up with her to hand them over.

we then came back into epsom, went for a meal before i took charlotte to see twilight: breaking dawn (another thing we had to do together, since it's tradition that we see all of the saga films together) after that, we had a few cocktails in wetherspoons - before heading back to my flat!

i kinda want her to stay down south with me all the time, i sadly had to say bye bye to her on saturday, until we're reunited at christmas.. love ya charles!
soph x

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice trip for her :) I seen Wicked a couple of years ago its so good! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw looks like you both had a great day! I really want to see Wicked, I've heard so many good reviews about it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. "i'm so glad she finally got the chance to see it, and i was the one to take her."

    Sounds like you both had a lovely time. I've never actually seen Wicked, although I do have a fair few people nagging me to go and see it.

    Actually, I think the last time I went to the theatre in London was to see Othello and that was in 2007, Tim McInnerny was playing Iago. I'd booked a weekend in London serviced apartments with a few friends - one of them positively allergic to Shakespeare, bless her - and we saw Othello on the Saturday. The last musical I saw would have been Oliver and that was only because Rowan Atkinson was in it. I've actually got far too many stage shows I want to see. I've got the rotten habit of only getting round to seeing something when the run is drawing to a close.

    ReplyDelete