Sunday 1 January 2012

my 2011

january - the coursework month. embarking on my final term of a levels, therefore procrastinating in every way possible too. blogging lots, multi-tasking lots, photographing lots and finding room for a few nights out aswell, of course! new year drunkenness, a college shoot of gabby, a night out in sunderland and a blogging self portrait!


february - the drunken month. college work was underway which left lots of time and money for alcohol and socializing! i also went to see russell howards comedy gig in newcastle and caught up with friends i hadnt seen in a while! one of the nest nights in sunderland, russell at his best, catch up with olivia and the usual round for me and the girls!


march - the interview month. i went to see the script in newcastle with gabby and dan. i also celebrated st. patricks day with friends in huge green hats. i rounded up my college coursework while frantically creating a portfolio and travelling around the country for scary university interviews.


april - the chilled out month. i took some lovely pictures of little aaron for gillian and andrew as a newborn baby. i won free champagne from union whilst dressed as a leopard for rhys' birthday. a level media studies took up the rest of my life getting all my coursework and evaluations handed in. i also saw the amazingggg katy perry and her california dreams tour.


may - the gabby month. my lifelong friend gabby turned eighteen! an amazing party at her house with family and friends was on the cards, along side a baywatch themed pub crawl, gabby's first proper night out too. i created a photo book of a series of images i took in my grandma's home and me and the girls had fun in a photobooth.


june - the finishing month. i left my job at new look after almost two years, i still miss the lovely girls and boys i worked with there - much love. i finished college in june, now came the awaiting our results phase. i took my brother dominic along with me, sarah and shannen to the stadium of light for his 14th birthday to see kings of leon play, one of the best gigs ever.


july - the most amazing/most scary month. i went to see the vivienne westwood shoes exhibition with my mam this month. then me and my girls packed our bags for the most amazing week ever in corfu. we created dance moves to a million songs then had planking competitions, far too much ouzo, late nights on the beach and boat trips around the coast. i came home to face a pretty scary operation for the latter half of the month, lots of flowers and chocolate cheered me right up though.


august - the birthday month. this month i recovered for a fortnight then had some serious catching up with the friends, whilst i turned eighteen! i was given a beautiful mulberry bag and tiffany necklace. i got my A level results back, an A* in photography, an A* in graphic communication, an A in media studies and a B in AS level in english language too - over the moon. i then had another much more chilled week in zante with my mam, dad and brother to wind down after all the celebrations.


september - the moving 300 miles away month. september consisted of a last supper with my girls before packing up my life and wardrobe to drive 300miles south to epsom, surrey to start my university degree at UCA Epsom, studying Fashion Promotion & Imaging. i met my new flatmates and made some new friendships, felt insanely homesick, had too many fancy dress nights out!, caught the train to london lots, experienced london fashion week, got a new job in house of fraser and fended for myself.


october - the visiting home month. after a month and a half away it was time to have a whirlwind weekend at home. i caught an 8 hour megabus to durham, quickly changed and went straight out! i also went to see rihanna and calvin harris perform at metro radio arena with friends, helped through a baby shower for my then expecting friend shannen, took sarah to nandos for the first time and then unwillingly got another bus back south. halloween was round the corner so we went out twice, obviously. once dressed as wednesday addams, then as black swan!


november - the abby and charlotte month. i got a bus to manchester to visit abby in her student halls, a very hazy night out with abby and charlotte began, i remember nothing but buying jagerbombs on my card and sticking moustaches to my face - wine was to blame! shannen gave birth to a beautiful little boy called aaron. charlotte got the train to london the week after and i took her everywhere! the natural history museum, oxford street shopping in selfridges, to see a wicked in the westend, leicester square and out for chinese food. we were gonna go to ukf bass culture but couldnt be bothered and flogged our tickets. i then eventually did some university work and took some street style pictures on my first visit to carnaby street after waving charlotte off home.


december - the family month. christttttmassss time kicked off with kirsty's 21st birthday. a house party one night then a surprise tea party for the drunken birthday girl with a night out in kingston too. i somehow managed to get two weeks off work, so i headed home for christmas, met baby aaron for the first time. lots of family time was and still is just what i've needed and i don't want to go back to uni at all. christmas came around soooo quickly as did new year. a night out with the girls in durham was absolutely packed. my new year was a lovely one, staying with my family at the annual get together until 12.30am then catching a lift to charlotte's house party with lots of free drink. jack drove me home at 4am, lots of drunken phone calls occurred and i went to bed in my new years dress without taking one picture!


2011 for me has been an absolutely crazy year, such a rollercoaster of highs and lows. without sounding too cheesy, i really have grown up a lot this year. i've learnt so many new things, i appreciate my family so much more and feel slightly better in myself too. i hope the new year brings less stress, more happiness and routine, time for family and friends at home, healthier meals and slimmer waistlines, a busier university timetable and more student loan!

all the best everyone, have a lovely 2012
soph x

1 comment:

  1. This is a really lovely post, love how you've laid it out and everything.
    Have a lovely 2012
    Jaz xo

    ReplyDelete